Personal data protection and privacy are fundamental rights guaranteed under international treaties. Our organisation makes all possible efforts to guarantee full compliance with privacy regulations.
This policy applies to all data processing activities controlled by WFSA.
2. DATA PROCESSOR
WFSA AISBL with registered seat in Belgium, 1200 Brussels, Rue Th. De Cuyper 100 and registered under company number 0462.519.358 acts as controller.
WFSA AISBL Executive Secretary
Viale dell’Astronomia, 30
I-00144 Roma, Italy
+39 06 590 3510
3. DATA PROCESSING
The personal data we collect may include:
- All data and information relating to representatives or delegate of member associations communicated to WFSA when applying for membership;
- Contact data provided by;
- Contact information, such as name, role, postal address, including home address, , business or organisation address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email addresswhere you have provided this;
Personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- Compliance with legal obligations (e.g. record keeping obligations, compliance with Belgian law on non-profit associations, …);
- Management of relations with relevant persons in a position relevant to pursuing the association’s goals;
- Organisation of events;
- Communication with member associations.
Personal data can be processed on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- performance of WFSA’s obligations under the organisation’s articles of association, including communication of information relevant to members;
- compliance with legal obligations; or
- processing is necessary for purposes of WFSA’s legitimate interest, provided that such interests are not overridden by interests of the data subject or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Unless you instruct us to share your data with other persons, your personal data are not transferred to other organisations.
5. STORAGE TERM
Personal data will be deleted when it is no longer reasonably required for the purposes listed under section 3 or when WFSA is not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue storing such data. WFSA will retain personal data where required to assert or defend against legal claims until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
WFSA takes reasonable security measures to protect your personal data from destruction, loss, modification or any other unauthorised processing. Our partners, employees, consultants, workers and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal information.
6. OTHER WEBSITES
WFSA’s website may provide referrals – including hyperlinks – to websites offered and/or hosted by other companies/persons or by social media. WFSA is not responsible or liable for any processing of your personal data via these websites. It is therefore advised that you consult the other websites’ privacy notices.
7. RIGHTS | COMPLAINTS
In compliance with privacy regulations and within the limits of these regulations, data subjects have the following rights regarding data processing activities by WFSA:
– Right to access to all stored personal data;
You are entitled to ascertain whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed by us and, where that is the case, to ask us a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). A reasonable fee may be charged should you require additional copies.
– Right to correct or update personal data;
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
– Right to request erasure of personal data (“right to be forgotten”);
You are entitled to obtain the erasure of personal data if there is a legal basis to it, for example: the personal data is no longer needed by us; the consent on which the processing is based is withdrawn; the personal data has been unlawfully processed;…
– Right to restrict processing of personal data (e.g. right to be deleted from our mailing lists);
You are entitled to obtain restriction of processing if there is a legal basis to it, for example: the accuracy of the personal data is contested; the processing is unlawful, but you oppose to the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;…
– Right to transfer personal data (“data portability”);
You are entitled, in certain circumstances (e.g. the processing was carried out by automated means), to obtain personal data you’ve provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another data controller.
– Right to withdraw consent;
Where processing is based on your consent (or explicit consent), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
– Right to object;
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data if we are:
- Processing the data based on our own or someone else’s legitimate interest; unless we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
- Processing the data for direct marketing purposes.
Any request should be addressed to WFSA, executive secretary responsible for the secretariat’s activities by mail or by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each request should contain sufficient proof of identity. Unless in case of manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, no fee will be charged.
WFSA commits to examine any requests or complaints and to reply in a timely manner. In case the response given would not be sufficient, the Belgian privacy regulator can be contacted:
Data Protection Authority
B – 1000 BRUSSEL
+32 2 274 48 00